Everyone might have wish to hold off on buying an Apple MacBook Air; a new one could be just around the corner. Apple has ordered to Asian manufacturers for 380,000 next-generation MacBook Airs that to be equipped with Intel’s newest Sandy Bridge processors, Concord Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said in a note obtained by AppleInsider.
According to Kuo more than 55 percent of the new models will be 11.6-inch versions and the other 45 percent will be model of 13.3-inch.He also added that Apple has scaled back production of current models, announced back in October 2010, to 80,000.Kuo claimed from April that Apple will launch its next MacBook Air in June or July. He also added that he expected the popular notebook would be equipped with Sandy Bridge processors and high-speed Thunderbolt transfer technology. In May one of the Taiwanese newspaper claimed this thing. By late May, a Japanese blog reported that Apple was testing MacBook Airs with an A5 chip inside, the same chip used in the iPad 2 (though Steve Jobs has said once that Apple has no interest in building a netbook).
Launch of iCloud and a download-only Mac SOX lion on last week, many people have sight on Apple that it will turn the MacBook Air into its next primary machine. Same to what Tim Bajaran extracted from Intel’s keynote speech this month, ultra-thin laptops may be the next big trend. This follow-up by Intel from Sandy Bridge is a low-voltage, high-speed processor codenamed “Ivy bridge”.
The technology inside current MacBook Airs is totally outdated compared to its MacBook Pro brethren; the premium tagged notebooks have been a boon for Apple. Kuo told in March that Apple shipped about 1.1 million of the 13- and 15-inch MacBook Air laptops in the last three months of 2010, making it Apple’s most successful Mac product launch.