Here is how to unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia U. But before that you have to follow some important things.
- Disclaimer: SONY or Hubgeek.com should be held responsible for any damage caused to your device which is a very unlikely if you follow all the mentioned instructions mentioned in this article.
- The warranty will get void after you unlock the bootloader.
- You must back up all the data on your device.
- USB Debugging in Xperia U should be ticked from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Disable the antivirus as well as firewall tools in your computer
Now follow the instructions below to unlcok the bootloader of Sony Xperia U
- First up you need to visit the Sony Ericsson Boot loader page
- Then, Click on the Continue
- You will be asked to make necessary confirmations.
- After doing it, open the command prompt in PC.
- Now, to get the IMEI number, dial *#06# in your phone. Write it down for later use.
- Connect your device to the PC
- Next, in the command prompt, type the command shown below.
- fastboot -i 0x0fce getvar version
- fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0Xkey
There you are. Your device has unlocked the bootloader.